Email Accounts Needed ?
Host Provided Email Accounts
When you choose a host for your domain, one of the features they should offer is email accounts for your domain ( myEmail@myDomain.com ). These are usually POP accounts and the number of emails you can have is usually fairly high (500) even at the lowest host package chosen. Some of the options you may have for email accounts are:
- Apply your mailbox settings to
- Outlook or Outlook Express e-mail client
- Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client
- Apple Mail e-mail client
- Anti-Spam Protection
- Size Limit
- Set or Reset Password
- Forward Emails
Email Accounts Needed
Email accounts that are needed for your website depends on what your website offers and what kind of communication you intend to have with your customers. Some of the typical email accounts would be:
- Employee Emails
- Contact Us - Inquiries about your site, services or products
- Requested Quotes - Request for product or service quote
- Noreply - Email account that sends emails from your site but does not receive.
- Payment Confirmation
- Billing Questions
- Contact Web Master
Exchange Server Email Accounts
Most hosts do not offer Microsoft Exchange Server Email accounts. An Exchange server allows you to intergrate Outlook accross your domain email. Some examples of things an exchange server offers is:
- Keep all of your important data in one place (main repository for Outlook data)
- Enable your users to collaborate on projects, get up to speed quickly on teams they join, and share information easily
- Eliminate email threats before they reach your network
- Keeps devices in sync (phones, PC, tablets...)
- Decrease the amount of time spent managing your messaging systems while maintaining control
- Group Enabled Outlook Features - calendar, task list, Inbox can be shared or not. Schedule a meeting and invite others, look up when someone will be available...
- Global Company email addresses, distribution list (employees, department, teams...)
- Public Folders - centralized folders that can be accessed by all users. You can also setup folders that only certain individuals have access to.
- Out of Office Assistant - notify other when you are out of the office
You can at your own discretion have your emails put on a third party Exchange Server so that your emails stay in sync across devices at an additional cost from the 3rd party. This would be an entirely different service and contract than what you have with the domain host.